1. Dishwasher rinsing agent – Seriously, it costs less than $2 for a big bottle of white vinegar, simply swap out your commercial agent with white vinegar and see how incredible it is at removing those streaks.
2. Laundry booster – Just add a small amount (no more than a cup) of white vinegar into your washer and see the difference in your clothes: whiter whites, brighter colors and it even help remove stains and static.
3. Mold remover – Mix up a ratio of about 1:5 (depending on how bad your mold situation is) vinegar to hot water. You can use any kind of vinegar, but I prefer apple cider vinegar because it is very acidic. If you want to add an extra kick, add a few tablespoons of baking soda (warning: baking soda and vinegar do have a reaction that causes the baking soda to expand upon initial mixing – like your grade school science class volcano project).
4. Destroy fruit flies – Mix a solution of 1:2 vinegar to warm water in a small bowl and add one drop of fruit scented dish soap – the fruit flies will be so drawn to the smell, they won’t be able to resist jumping in.
5. Clean rubber kitchen utensils – Just soak utensils in a 1:2 vinegar to hot water solution for a 1-2 hours and they will be restored to their original color.
Are you looking for more tips and tricks to make your house a home by making it more livable? Check out some of our other blog posts under home improvement and DIY.